1.03.2010

If Anthropologie was affordable: Part II


Anthropologie Conservatory Chair ($798)
Anthropologie Astrid Chair ($1298)


St. Louis Craigslist parlor chairs (2 for $600)


Alexander Henry Bolero in Pink ($8/yard)
Alexander Henry chocolate Mocca floral ($9/yard)
Amy Butler Cherry Wallflower ($10/yard)

Ok, so I know the astrid chair from anthropologie is nothing new, but it is still absolutely amazing and on my list of things I would buy if I won the lottery. The conservatory chair is also charming and bold with its large scale floral. Here are 2 craigslist chairs that could give you that "I-am-extremely-expensive-and-awesome-yet-I-kind-of-look-like-your-grandma's-furniture" look that anthropologie is so darn good at. I am trying to learn to re-upholster so that I can update some vintage chairs. My husband bought me a chair for Christmas to practice on (yay!). I will keep you posted on how that is going. But for you who may already have mastered the art of upholstery, consider these chairs and fabrics. If you find a chair that more closely resembles the oversized willy wonka style of the astrid chair, please share:)

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Megan! I'll store up all your good tips for when we finally move into a home. I share your love for chairs like these. I seem to be getting lucky in bride's homes lately with fun chairs to shoot details in...I'm often very jealous. And my friend's gradma has a chair sitting in her apartment that could easily go for a thousand bucks that she just thinks is so-so. Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete