11.09.2010

re:color | kelly green






Jeremy and I have decided that our bedroom could use some major updating. It is a bit drab. When we bought the house I wanted rich chocolate walls and deep colors, but now that I am living in it I really want our room to feel bright and cheery. So, we are debating on how to make this happen. One idea is to only paint an accent wall and paint the other three walls white. In addition, we plan to use white accents in the curtains, bedding and furniture to brighten up the space.

But the question remains, what color should I pain the accent wall? Lately, I have been leaning toward a bright kelly green. Here are a few rooms that inspire me and are leading me down that path. Don't these rooms make you happy?

2 comments:

  1. Green is great! When we decided to go with a bold green in our bedroom, I initially had second thoughts. But sophisticated accents can keep it from veering into weird or childish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that out sometime...I don't think I have ever seen your green room:)

    ReplyDelete