6.25.2012

Pillows and Productivity

Lately I have been feeling so unproductive. I love our house and love to take the time to do projects and consider the space we live in. We haven't had any time to just be at home and do small things to enjoy and improve our space. We have been out of town so much, that this weekend was the first free time we had for projects since we got back from Europe.


Although we are a long way from getting our living room in order, my thought has always been to go more neutral grays and add lots of pattern and color in the pillows and chair fabric. So, I thought I would take a small step in that direction even though nothing else is done (paint, couch, etc). It makes me feel better to get just a few things accomplished. I made two pillows yesterday and I really like how they are looking.

The green pillow is an old pillow design from Vogue that I found at an antique sore. You can see where someone had started to embroider the top left portion. The rest is unfinished, but I like that about it because you can see the lines of the pattern. I bought the flat fabric and then sewed and stuffed it. The chevron fabric is from curtains I made for our bedroom a while back.

And, here a few other tiny things I did around the house.



Instead of an expensive custom frame, I used an antique wooden hanger to display my woodblock print of Florence. I printed it in college and have yet to do anything with it.

 
I added some antique faucet hardware to the top of our bathroom cabinet.




And, we made some mint juleps for a hot summer day with fresh mint from our garden. You know it is crazy in your life when making a mint julep is considered productive or creative. I wish cocktails weren't a special occasion for a lazy day.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me want to hang out! Let's have Julep nigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! You guys are the cocktail masters...that would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete