7.02.2012

Jeremy, meet Florence.

I was so excited to finally take Jeremy to Florence. I studied art in Florence in 2004 and I fell in love with the city. I had also fallen in love with Jeremy shortly before I left for Florence, so it was so sad to be apart during one of the greatest times of my life. Now, 8 years later, Megan's tour of Florence was highly anticipated. I was going to show him my favorite sandwich shop, where I went to school, where I lived, the laundry mat where Mel got her purse stolen. You know, the important things. I was ready to show it off, but Florence was just not cooperating.

First off, everything was closed for the day. Most tragically was my favorite sandwich place, The Oil Shoppe. I had been dreaming of their mustard and roasted peppers for years. Years!! And, I had talked it up a million times to get Jeremy properly excited. This was incredibly disappointing and I didn't know if we could fully recover. The beautiful Medici Chapel and the gigantic central market were also closed up for the day. It wasn't looking good.

closed and closed
We did find my school. But, my pride was hurt when I had to consult our iphone to find it. I thought my sense of direction would still be there. Also, I couldn't remember where the painting or ceramic studio was. Geeze.

Lorenzo de' Medici Art Institute of Florence
But, thankfully we were greeted with our name in graffiti.

And, we came across a parade which is always a plus. Especially when there are people in Renaissance period costumes. Jeremy's favorite. It was also a free day to get into Sante Croce and the Boboli Gardens. So, all in all, I would still call it a good day...because we were in Florence. Which is awesome.






Napping in the park like Italians



Florence, it was great to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment