2.17.2012

playing hooky





Instead of a towel rack in our "new" bathroom, I thought it would be cool to hang a collage of random wall hooks. I dug out all of the hooks I have been collecting over the past several months and finally put this idea into action.
Here is the breakdown.

1. Whale hook, Urban Outfitters, $3 (on sale)
2. Elephant Hook, Anthropologie, $20 (but kind of free with a gift card)
3. Recycled Anthropologie hook, $0 (it use to have an initial attached to it, but we removed it for another project, so we ended up with this simple and industrial metal hook)
4. Horse hook, Urban Outfitters, $4 (on sale)
5. Architectural salvage railing hardware, lemp brewery salvage yard, $2
6. Architectural salvage hook, lemp brewery salvage yard, $1

So, if you count my anthro gift card as making the elephant hook free (which I of course do), I now have a place to hang our towels for only $10. Victory!

I might keep adding to the collection because I have this awesome bull hook I found at an antique store in Illinois. He is large and in charge.

1 comment:

  1. erm... love this... and DEFINITELY that bull.

    I especially love that it's an untraditional coat rack that's not all in a row.

    Also, it always makes me smile when I see Anthropologie and recognize it as such before reading on... sort of a look-out game (since I work there).

    ReplyDelete