2.08.2012

These shoes were made for walking


Jeremy and I are planning our spring Eurocation and I have been searching for comfortable walking shoes that won't make me look like the goofy American tourist that I am. Am I kidding myself? Yes. But, like all Americans, I deceive myself into thinking that I could pass as a European if I just hide my ginormous camera and keep my Midwestern mouth closed.

Aware of my self-deception, here are a few shoes I have found that just might fit the bill.

1. Cute and casual, this striped oxford flat is very euro.

2. Have you heard of Bensimon? Every french girl owns a pair of these. These might be my best bet. P.S. I love grey. P.S.S. These come in slip-ons.

3. Espadrilles are cute, comfortable, colorful and cheap! Plus, I saw a gal from France rate them five stars, so that means they have street cred.

4. These striped slip-ons are so cute. Keds...who knew?

5. One of these things is not like the other. I know, these are a little out of left field, but it will LITERALLY feel like you are wearing slippers around Europe. But, I would have to endure Jeremy calling me "Pocahontas" all trip.

6. Toms are so USA, but you have to admit they are awesome. Even the french can't deny it. blush suede lace-ups.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love those blush suede Toms. Also, I recently acquired a pair of moccasins and I can NOT STOP WEARING THEM. So darn comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I might have to go for the moccasins. They are so squishy and amazing.

    ReplyDelete